Valuation Best Practices
The IVC is a unique platform for accessing the latest trends in valuation, understanding new valuation standards and methodologies, meeting the valuation profession’s global leaders. It is an international knowledge exchange and a key way to maintain the dialogue with your fellow valuers. These factors are critical for the future development of the profession.
The bi-annual conference that will now be available for attendance both in-person and online, has been enhanced by our website content, providing you with access to the publications made available by the supporting organizations, conference speakers, and attendees.
The publications cover a broad range of topics relevant to different valuation disciplines. You can download them for free by following the links provided in this section. We recommend that you visit the web sites of the Business Valuation Review and the MTS Journal to see their most recent publications.
- The Year of Living Differently – David Crick, ASA
- Appraisal Review and Management – Barbara A. Spoor, ASA
- The Top Twelve Mistakes Appraisers Make in Court Preparation – Roger Durkin, J.D., M.S., FASA
- Electrical Generating Plant Valuation – Michael J. Remsha, P.E., ASA, CMI
- Environmental Issues – Impacts on Industrial Property Value – Gregory W.Kort, P.E., ASA, CMI
- A Market Perspective: Identifying, Quantifying, and Applying Economic Obsolescence – Kevin S. Reilly, ASA
- The Size Effect Continues To Be Relevant When Estimating the Cost of Capital – Roger J. Grabowski, FASA
- Damodaran’s Country Risk Premium–A Serious Critique – Lutz Kruschwitz, Andreas Loffler, and Gerwald Mandl
- Response to “Damodaran’s Country Risk Premium: A Serious Critique – Aswath Damodaran, Professor of Finance at the Stern School of Business at New York University
- The Rule of Law Overrules the Rule of Thumb – Robert P. Schweihs, ASA
The ASA International Conference provides an experience unlike other appraisal conferences, offering timely content for all appraisal professionals spanning Business Valuation, Personal Property, Machinery & Equipment, Real Property, Gems & Jewelry as well as Appraisal Review & Management.
Please follow this link for details.